Friday 10 August 2007

Keep the children amused during summer

The excellent Lifehacker website is generally most useful when it comes to using computers, internet etc to actually make life easier. But they are not limited to all things geekery. These two links may give some ideas for keeping the kids amused during the long summer weeks.

10 Cheap things to do with young children

Make your own Flubber
(or follow the links for play dough, silly putty and more!)

Do you know any other good resources?

2 comments:

stonefishdaddy said...

Hi Tim,

I was just looking at the Church website to find out what time the family service starts on a sunday and saw your blog address - nice one!

We are looking for a family friendly church in Stone as we have 2 young children (3 and a half and 6 months). We want to get our youngest christened, but also have a church to attend where we don't feel uncomfortable if our baby cries or Tobias needs the toilet part way through the sermon! I've noticed that the service starts at 9.15, so when we return from our hols we should attend.

It's good to see a high tech resource like this that you can promote your church and your work through - well done!

Nick

Tim V-B said...

Nick - I'm assuming you're new to Stone, so welcome! Although I've only been here two months so quite likely you should be saying welcome to me...

It will be great to meet you when you start coming - I hope you will find, as others have, a warm welcome. Do please contact me tim at timvb dot plus dot com (I hope that makes sense) as it would be great to meet your family and let you know more about our church.

P.S. Thanks for the comments about the blog: I'm hoping to revamp the church website because it really is out-of-date!