Wednesday 5 December 2007

All I Want For Christmas Is... a Trebuchet!

I'm normally at a loss about what I'd like for Christmas. A good mp3 player would be nice, as long as it works with Linux. Maybe some of the books on my Amazon Wish List. A new computer to replace my ageing laptop. More book shelves to create room for the books on my Amazon Wish List. A bicycle for touring (so I can get in training to do Land's End to John O'Groats sometime in the next 10 years).

But now I've found my dream present. Not only lots of fun, it would be an excellent aid for men's ministry and youth work. A combination of physics and history. I present to you...


That's right. I would like a trebuchet. I want to throw things a long distance, and break other things in the process. Here's a picture of the beauty:

This is a modern day version of the ultimate in medieval war machines. For a cheaper and more 'authentic' model visit here. And here's some video, although not of these models (much bigger ones!).


P.S. Did I mention my Wish List?

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Tim- Thank you for your comment on my comment on challies.com the other day. it was encouraging. greetings in the Lord! also, i just added trebuchet to my christmas list...

Neil Jeffers said...

Did Caroline get it for you?

Dana said...

There's one out in front of the Baptist Church just down the street that looks pretty much like this. It seems like it went up right before Bible School, but it's still there. Makes me wonder. But, who knows. Maybe it was just something the pastor has always wanted to have....